Cut-and-paste this message into an email to all your friends and colleagues at York. Personalize your message with a few words of your own at the beginning.
I am voting for the #BetterUnion team in this year’s election for the CUPE 3903 Executive Committee. And I would like to encourage you to support them, too.
The #BetterUnion plan has the most potentialize to maximize the involvement of members, especially in under-respresented departments and faculties, and to promote the union among students, the rest of campus, and the wider labour movement. These are their key proposals:
- Establish a secure and reliable system of electronic voting in the union
- Combat the toxicity that drives members away from union meetings
- Re-open the Grad Lounge as a joint-initiative with the Graduate Students’ Association
- Promote the union among undergrads through ongoing education campaigns
- Coordinate with other unions and the student movement to build a province-wide campaign against tuition fees
Voting starts on Wednesday, April 22 from 4:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m., following the union’s Annual General Meeting in The Underground, Student Centre. All other voting takes places on April 23, 24, 27, 28 and 29 on Keele campus and at Glendon College. For more information about how to vote, click here.
If you decide to support the #BetterUnion team, please forward this email to your own friends and colleagues. In the meantime, check out the #BetterUnion campaign at betterunion.ca.
[Your name here]